Terms and conditions
(a) Be over 21 years of age
(b) A member of the party occupying the property for the full term
(c) Agree to take responsibility for the occupying party. It is the lead party members responsibility to ensure all details are correct on the booking form and not that of the agents. (Please see the lead guest obligations letting agreement below) 1.4) It is advised to arrange a Travel Insurance/holiday insurance in order that all persons are covered under a Policy in respect of death of a party member listed in the booking, accidental damage, serious illness or accident and summons for jury duty.
2) Cancellation or Amendment of booking by you; 2.1) If you are forced to cancel your holiday booked directly with us you must inform Croyde Holidays immediately in writing, you must ensure you take appropriate cancellation cover and holiday insurance cover to avoid any loss of payment. Any Notice of Cancellation must be done in writing. In those circumstances:
(a) Should you serve Notice of Cancellation more than 12 weeks before your Arrival Date, then you will forfeit the Initial Deposit and the Booking Fee. In the event the Holiday Property is sucessfully re let we will refund the Initial Deposit LESS the Booking fee and cancellation fee of £60. (b) Should you serve Notice of Cancellation LESS than 12 weeks before your Arrival date, then you will become liable to pay (if not already paid) or forfeit (if already paid) the Initial Deposit, The Holiday Letting Balance and the Booking Fee.
In the event of such cancellation, we will use our best endeavours to re let the Holiday Property and if successful, we will refund the Holiday Letting Fee less any reasonable financial loss incurred (including a £100 cancellation fee and booking fee) as a result of that cancellation and re letting. (c) Third party provider bookings are not covered by our cancellation policy, see T&Cs provided with that separate company. 2.2) In the event of needing to amend your Booking we will use our best endeavours to accommodate your wishes, but provide no guarantee that we will be able to do so. (a) Once the Initial Deposit has been received we cannot accept a change of holiday cottage. (b) Occasionally where the owner is in agreement we may accept a change of Holiday Dates an administration fee of £30.00 will apply. (c) Sunday arrival and/or departure day may be accepted and whereby possible may attract an additional fee. 2.3) Extra alteration amendments after the balance has been paid will be subject to a £10 admininstration charge and require payment within 24hour to avoid any additional administation fees.
(a) Alterations 7 days prior to Arrival Date will incur an administration charge of £12
(b) Alterations 1-4 days prior to Arrival Date will incur a £15 administration charge.
(c) Alterations while at the Holiday Property will incur a £20 administation charge.
Please check details are correct at the time of booking to include additional extras.
3) Cancellation or Amendment of Booking by us; 3.1 We reserve the right to refuse to accept bookings at our discretion where we believe that the property will not be suitable for you or where we have reasonable grounds to believe that accepting your booking be likely to risk the goodwill of the owner, other holidaymakers or neighbours of the property in question - In these circumstances payment will be returned to you within 7 working days. 3.2 We reserve the right to cancel the Holiday Letting if any money you are contractually liable to pay is not paid on the date such payment falls due. In these circumstances, we will serve Notice of Cancellation and any monies paid by you will be non-refundable. 3.3 Whilst we would not otherwise expect to have to make any changes to your booking, or cancel your booking, we reserve the right to do so (Such as fire, flooding or sale) In the event of cancellation of your booking or admendment, we will endeavour to offer you an alternative property but if that is not possible, we will refund any money paid you within 7 working days. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expense as a consequence of such an unexpected event. 3.4 Croyde Holidays, The Agents and The Owner accept no liability for any accident, damage, disappointment, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to the person or property. In additon to events which could not have been reasonably foreseen or avoided, including war and threat of, riot, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of borders, disease, non availability of transport services, interruption to services// removal of services by changes to legislation / utilities and all similar events outside our control or that of the Property Owner. 4) Pets; 4.1) You may only bring pet(s) to the Holiday Property that are advertised "pet friendly" and this must paid for and mentioned on the Booking Confirmation. A failure to follow the rules can be considered a breach of the Agreement between the parties and we will be entitled to require you to vacate the property immediately without compensation.
4.2) Where pets are allowed we cannot accept responsibility for their safety, and are accepted on the understanding that they are kept under control and with conditions;
(a) You must clear up and remove all trace both interior and exterior of your dog(s) having been present before leaving the property. (The owner/agent reserves the right to charge for incurred costs for special services to remove/disinfect)
(b) It is a condition that pets are not allowed on furniture, in bedrooms, children's play areas or swimming pools.
(c) Pets must not be left unsupervised or disturb neighbouring properties (Eg: barking all night).
(d) On arrival please inspect the premises to ensure your pet is safe. (Some descriptions indicate an enclosed garden, please note; This does not necessarily mean it is totally escape-proof) (E) Dogs vaccinations and flea prevention measures should be adopted to protect against any bacteria/diseases. 4) Arrival; 4.1) We cannot accept responsibility for errors contained on our leaflets/website, or of any miss-description. In any event, you acknowledge that minor differences may arise between the photographs, illustrations, tariff and descriptions of a particular property as described on the leaflet/website and the actual property. 4.2) If your arrival at the Holiday Property is, or is likely to be delayed you must contact your property manager whose details are given on your property details. If you fail to do so and do not arrive to the cottage by 4pm the day after your holiday scheduled arrival day we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you, in this instance all monies are non refundable and entry may not be granted. 5) Complaints; 5.1) It is essential that any complaint must be formally notified in writing to the Agents immediately so that we can investigate the circumstances in full, discussions with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable issues to be rectified straightaway.
(a) It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified.
(b) Complaints of a transient nature (for example, preparation or heating of the Property) cannot be compensated.
(c) In no circumstances can compensation of any nature be made for any complaint after the hire period has ended, wherby the Croyde Holidays office were not notified or where the Hirer has denied the Agents, Owners, Engineers and Property Managers the opportunity or access to try to put matters right during the Hirers stay. 6) Description and Breakdowns; 6.1) We check the properties once a year to ensure that the property is in order as per the descriptions and the photographs. We work on behalf of the owner to advertise the individual properties and do not oversee any cleaning / maintenance that takes place. 6.2) Breakdown/failure of large electrical appliances, unfortunately these happen without warning and can take up to a week to be repaired or replaced. These include; Boilers, Fridges, Freezers, Ovens, Dishwashers, Washing machines, Tumble driers, Internet services. In this event you will be refunded a maximum of £15 per product per full day booked (24hrs) from the point the issue has been reported without the use of these products or alternative holiday cottage options will be offered.
(a) Hot Tub breakdowns are calculated on a pro-rata basis.
(b) Boiler breakdowns effective from 1st Nov to 1st March will be compensated 10% per 24hrs of the base rental cost. 7) Cleaning and maintenance; 7.1) The owners contract a cleaning / maintenance team to maintain there property throughout the season, properties are spring cleaned twice a year and general changeover clean takes place after every booking. A maximum financial offer of £30 for 'extra /or deep' cleaning issues raised during a stay and only where there is clear evidence provided and a cleaning team is unable to return to the property to rectify any issues raised. 8) Lost Property; 8.1) We cannot accept responsibility for any items left behind in your accommodation after your holiday. All enquiries must be directed to the relevant property manager. They are sometimes able to retrieve these during changeover time, however will not disturb visitors for retrieval of goods. It is at your property managers discretion as to whether they will charge you for returning your possessions, These costs can include posting, time expenses, packaging costs etc...please ensure you check the property thoroughly before departure to avoid any lost property. Lost property not claimed within 14 days of departure will be disposed of. 9) Other Ammenities; 9.1) The use of accommodation and amenities, where offered, such as swimming pools, trampolines, surf boards, hot tubs, children's play equipment, gym facilities, sauna's, travel cots, high chairs etc, is entirely at the users´ risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users´ or visitors´ belongings. We respectfully ask that the use of hot tubs are not used after 11pm.
9.2) Surfboards and wetsuits are not permitted inside any of the properties unless specifically stated or special permission has been granted by the owner. Some cottages provide surfboard storage please ask if this is something you require. 9.3) Where BBQs, log burners, fireplaces or fire pits are present at the property it is the responsibility of the main party holder to ensure the safety of all group members (including dogs) and the property are adhered to. Fire guards where provided should be used. Any fires should be fully extinguished prior to leaving the room - Logs and coal are not provided unless stated in the arrival information. 9.4) Use of the hot tubs and swimming pools are entirely at own risk. Neither us, the owner of the property, hot tub company/cleaners accept any responsibility for any illness, injury, reaction or condition resulting from the use of the hot tub or swimming pool. You and all guests are responsible for your own safety when using these facilities. Children under the age of 16 and non-swimmers must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. If you have any pre/existing medical condition or any concerns you must consult a GP before use. Any call out due to user error, including mode change will be chargeable to the user. You must shower before and after every use.
The hot tubs are emptied, sanitised and refilled during every changeover period taking up to 12-14 hours to heat to a safe to use temperature on arrival, they are treated with chemicals, if you are allergic or sensitive to chlorine or any sanitizing product you should not use these facilities.
10) Damages - Security Deposit
10.1 You are responsible for any damage that occurs during your holiday and all damage needs to be reported before your departure. As a result of damage and/or cleanliness, Croyde Holidays and the owner reserves the right to refuse future bookings.
10.2 The cost of any damage/replacements/additional cleaning/additional maintenance/missing equipment, will be charged from your pre-authorised security deposit card that we hold on file for you and will be subject to a £10 administration fee.
11) Definition Descriptions
Properties defined within the descriptions as; Mobility Friendly - The property has ground floor bedroom and bathroom facilties Disabled Friendly - The property is adapted to be suitable for wheelchairs Elderly Friendly - The property does not have steep or awkward steps Child, Toddler or Baby Friendly- The property allows children or toddlers and will supply a high chair and/or travel cot. Dog Friendly - Dog(s) are welcome to stay at the property. Your obligations under the Letting Agreement; The lead guest agrees to take full responsibility for all the members of the party:
- To keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding clean and in good condition.
- Not to cause damage to the Property, nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- To take necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and to consider appropriate holiday insurance cover, No liability is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property.
- To allow us or any of our representatives or contractors access at a reasonable time to the cottage during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
- Not to sub-let or re-let the property/holiday, or allow more people to stay in the Holiday Property than authorised including changing the makeup of the party without prior consent. or can you take your pet into the Holiday Property unless it has been arranged in advance and is shown on your confirmation.
- Not to allow any smoking or any illegal activity to be undertaken at the holiday property.
- Cottages where towels are provided will be clearly listed on your arrival confirmation - If towels are provided at the cottage you have booked please ensure that they are not removed from the property and not taken to the beach.