Terms and conditions
1) Croyde Holidays, the Agents, act only as agents for the Owners of the property, and are not Principals. Hirer is the term used for those clients wishing to hire a property. Any contract is between the Owners of the property on one part and the Hirer on the other. The contract is for the hire of the property for holiday purposes only. We do not accept bookings from Hirers less than 18 years of age. Croyde Holidays provide marketing material and facilitates the booking on behalf of the owner. The owner is responsible for keeping the holiday cottage in the condition described in the Croyde Holidays marketing material.
2) Cancellations if you are forced to cancel your holiday you must inform Croyde Holidays immediately, you must ensure you take appropriate cancellation cover and holiday insurance cover to avoid any loss of payment. All deposits are non refundable, in the event that full payment has been made and we successfully re-let the property we will refund the balance paid less 30% or deposit value (Less any discounts required to re-let the property). Failure to re-let the property will result in loss of any payments made unless cancellation cover is in place.
3) The main party holders name is authorised to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all persons on the booking including any changes. The lead name must be over 18 years of age, a member of the party occupying the property and agrees to take responsibility for the occupying party. It is the lead party members responsibility to ensure all details are correct on the booking form and not that of the agents. (Please see the lead guest obligations letting agreement below)
4) Croyde Holidays, The Agents cannot accept a change of holiday cottage or details to a booking once the deposit has been received. However, occasionally, we can accept a change of holiday weeks where the Owner of the property will agree to an alteration of dates. Where any changes, additional charges and damage deposits may be applicable it is at Croyde Holidays(Agents) and the property owner's discretion. Sunday arrival and/or departure day can be accepted and whereby possible an additional fee for each arrival/departure day falling on a Sunday maybe chargeable.
5) Croyde Holidays, The Agents accept no liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of the Owners or any person not within their employ, or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property, which the Hirer or any persons may suffer or incur that arise out of the letting, or is in any way connected with the letting.
6) All complaints must be formally notified in writing to the Agents immediately so that they can investigate the circumstances in full, and take any necessary action. In no circumstances can compensation of any nature be made for any complaint after the hire period has ended, or where the Hirer has denied the Agents, Owners or Property Managers the opportunity to try to put matters right during the Hirers stay.
7) We cannot accept responsibility for errors contained on our leaflets/website, or of any miss-description. In any event, you acknowledge that minor differences may arise between the photographs, illustrations, tariff and descriptions of a particular property as described on the leaflet/website and the actual property.
8) In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (Such as fire, flooding or sale) the agency will endeavour to provide suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all the monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expense as a consequence of such an unexpected event.
9) Where pets are allowed we cannot accept responsibility for their safety, and are accepted on the understanding that they are kept under control and with conditions; You must clear up and remove all trace both interior and exterior of your dog(s) having been present before leaving the property. (The owner/agent reserves the right to charge for incurred costs for special services to remove/disinfect) It is a condition that pets are not allowed on furniture, in bedrooms, children's play areas or swimming pools. Pets must not be left unsupervised or disturb neighbouring properties (Eg: barking all night). On arrival please inspect the premises to ensure your pet is safe. (Some descriptions indicate an enclosed garden, please note; This does not necessarily mean it is totally escape-proof) A charge of £20 per pet per week or short break applies.
10) We cannot accept responsibility for any items left behind in your accommodation after your holiday. All enquiries must be directed to the relevant property manager. They are sometimes able to retrieve these during changeover time, however will not disturb visitors for retrieval of goods. It is at your property managers discretion as to whether they will charge you for returning your possessions, These costs can include posting, time expenses, packaging costs etc...please ensure you check the property thoroughly before departure to avoid any lost property.
11) We check the properties once a year to ensure that the property is in order as per the descriptions and the photographs. We work on behalf of the owner to advertise the individual properties and do not oversee any cleaning / maintenance that takes place. We do rely strongly on visitors comments and feedback to improve on the services provided.
11.1) Breakdown/failure of large electrical appliances, unfortunately these happen without warning and can take up to a week to be repaired or replaced. These include; Boilers, Fridges, Freezers, Ovens, Dishwashers, Washing machines, Tumble driers, Internet services. In this event you will be refunded a maximum of £15 per product per full day booked (24hrs) from the point the issue has been reported without the use of these products or alternative holiday cottage options will be offered. Hot Tub breakdowns are calculated on a pro-rata basis.
11.2 The owners contract a cleaning / maintenance team to maintain there property throughout the season, properties are spring cleaned twice a year and general changeover clean takes place after every booking. A maximum financial offer of £25 for 'extra /or deep' cleaning issues raised during a stay and only where there is clear evidence provided and a cleaning team is unable to return to the property.
12) The use of accommodation and amenities, where offered, such as swimming pools, trampolines, surf boards, hot tubs, children's play equipment, gym facilities, sauna's, travel cots, high chairs etc, is entirely at the users´ risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users´ or visitors´ belongings. We respectfully ask that the use of hot tubs are not used after 11pm.
13) If your arrival at the Holiday Property is, or is likely to be delayed you must contact your property manager whose details are given on your property details. If you fail to do so and do not arrive to the cottage by 4pm the day after your holiday scheduled arrival day we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you, in this instance all monies are non refundable and entry may not be granted.
14) Any extra alterations to your booking will require payment within 24hour to avoid a £5 admin fee, any alterations 7 days prior to arrival will incur a standard administration processing charge of £5, Any amendments 4 days prior or whilst in residence will incur a £10 administration charge. Please ensure all your details are correct at the time of booking or prior to this date to include; additional extras.
15) Surfboards and wetsuits are not permitted inside any of the properties unless specifically stated or special permission has been granted by the owner. Some cottages provide surfboard storage please ask if this is something you require.
16) Where BBQs, log burners, fireplaces or fire pits are present at the property it is the responsibility of the main party holder to ensure the safety of all group members (including dogs) and the property are adhered to. Fire guards where provided should be used. Any fires should be fully extinguished prior to leaving the room - Logs and coal are not provided unless stated in the arrival information.
Your obligations under the Letting Agreement;
The lead guest agrees to take full responsibility for all the members of the party:
- To keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding clean and in good condition.
- Not to cause damage to the Property, nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- To take necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and to consider appropriate holiday insurance cover, No liability is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property.
- To allow us or any of our representatives or contractors access at a reasonable time to the cottage during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
- Not to sub-let or re-let the property/holiday, or allow more people to stay in the Holiday Property than authorised including changing the makeup of the party without prior consent. or can you take your pet into the Holiday Property unless it has been arranged in advance and is shown on your confirmation.
- Not to allow any smoking or any illegal activity to be undertaken at the holiday property.
- Cottages where towels are provided will be clearly listed on your arrival confirmation - If towels are provided at the cottage you have booked please ensure that they are not removed from the property and not taken to the beach.
We will treat any of these circumstances as a material breach of the Holiday Booking entitling to us cancel with immediate effect and require you to vacate.